Note: The TLR's are no longer in production and not available.
Cat. No. 17004
Rolleiflex 4.0 FT TLR Camera with 135mm f/4.0 Lens
The Rolleiflex 4.0 FT is ideal for classical portraiture. But it is also well-suited for tightly cropped framing in general photography.
The 135mm f/4 Tele-Xenar HFT by Schneider-Kreuznach is a completely new formula and excels by its outstanding performance.
Its closest focusing distance is only 1.5 m – a considerable improvement over the 2.6 m in the Tele-Rolleiflex of the nineteen-sixties. In view of the larger diameter of the Tele-Xenar, the camera‘s bayonet filter mount is of size IV.
Note: The price shown is for the classic version supplied with black leather and chrome plating on the metal trim. Cameras can be customized with the buyer's choice of leather color and plating type (Chrome, Gold or Platinum) by selecting from the pull down options. The Aurum and Green cameras shown in pictures are examples of what can be made. Custom orders with identity plates or custom serial numbers can not be returned or exchanged - only serviced.
- High-performance telephoto lens by Schneider-Kreuznach
- Permanently visible viewfinder image for optimum framing
- Full parallax compensation
- Interchangeable viewfinder attachments
- Interchangeable Bright focusing screens
- Ultra-quiet between-the-lens shutter, fully synchronized for flash at all speeds
- Neither mirror bounce, nor mirror noise
- Light weight – extremely handy
- Camera Type: Twin-lens reflex camera with TTL metering and TTL autoflash control.
- Frame size: 6 x 6 cm.
- Shutter: Leaf shutter (1 to 1/500 s and B), X-synchronized. Aperture and shutter speed cross-coupled with exposure meter.
- Exposure metering:
- TTL - Center-weighted average metering by two silicon photo diodes.
- Five-LED display in viewfinder.
- Metering range: EV 3 – 18 / 3.2 – 100000 asb /1 – 33000 cd/m2 at ISO 100/21º
- Viewfinder system
- Heidosmat viewfinder lens - 135 mm f/4.
- Standard pop up folding hood included.
- Rolleiflex High D focusing screen standard.
- Parallax compensation for focus distance.
- Optional Interchangeable 45º or 90º prism finders.
- Optional Interchangeable viewing screens.
- Flash synchronization
- 1/500 sec to 1 sec and Bulb.
- Hot accessory shoe with contacts for TTL autoflash control in conjunction with dedicated flash units and dedicated adapter SCA 356.
- X sync terminal for plug.
- Autoflash control: TTL flash metering via additional silicon photo diode.
- Film advance:
- By shutter-setting crank with automatic stop at frame 1 when loading.
- Double-exposure lock with override.
- Frame counter from 1 to 12, automatically resetting when film is changed.
- Sockets: Cable-release socket. 1/4" tripod socket.
- Dimensions: 5.8 x 4.3 x 5.4 inches.
- Weight: 49 oz.
- Delivery times for classic black leather version is currently 10-12 weeks due to high demand, custom versions may take longer.