Note:The factory has restarted but currently is only producing the Hy6 cameras. No TLR's are available new.
Cat. No 17003
Rolleiflex 4.0 FW TLR Camera with 50mm f/4.0 Taking Lens
Twin-lens wide-angle Rolleiflex with 50mm f/4 Super-Angulon lens, ideal for landscape and indoor photography. It comes with lens cap, carrying strap and size IV filter bayonet.
Note: This camera comes standard with black leather covering and chrome plated metal trim work as the classic model. The chromium-plated lateral edges of its back add to its elegant appearance, and the Rollei-flex logo at the front is exactly the same as that of Rolleiflex cameras of the nineteen thirties. The time-tried strap holders of earlier models have likewise been used again.
Special Note: The camera shown is covered with brown cowhide leather with embossed crocodile pattern as an example of a personal customized option. To configure your own personalized FW TLR, please select your desired options from the pull down menus, and write in the special notes box on your order, what leather color and what special text (one or two lines) you'd like engraved. Custom orders with identity plates or custom serial numbers can not be returned or exchanged - only serviced.
- High-performance wide-angle lens
- Permanently visible viewfinder image for optimum framing
- Full parallax correction
- Interchangeable viewfinder attachments
- Interchangeable Bright focusing screens
- Ultra-quiet between-the-lens shutter, fully synchronized for flash at all speeds
- Neither mirror bounce, nor mirror noise
- Light weight – extremely handy
Note: Price is for classic version described above. Aurum (gold plated) version shown is an example of how they can be customized. Any leather color and choice of plating can be ordered for extra cost. Expected delivery time on custom orders is 8 weeks.
- Camera Type: Twin-lens reflex camera with TTL metering and TTL auto flash control.
- Frame size: 6 x 6 cm.
- 50mm f/4.0 Super-Angulon HFT coated.
- Diagonal coverage 75º.
- Size IV filter bayonet.
- Focusing from ∞ to 0.60 m.
- Shutter: Leaf shutter (1 to 1/500 s and B), X-synchronized. Aperture and shutter speed cross-coupled with exposure meter.
- Exposure metering:
- TTL - Center-weighted average metering by two silicon photo diodes.
- Five-LED display in viewfinder.
- Metering range: EV 3 – 18 / 3.2 – 100000 asb /1 – 33000 cd/m2 at ISO 100/21º
- Viewfinder system
- Heidosmat viewfinder lens - 50 mm f/4.
- Standard pop up folding hood included.
- Rolleiflex High D focusing screen standard.
- Parallax compensation for focus distance.
- Optional Interchangeable 45º or 90º prism finders.
- Optional Interchangeable viewing screens.
- Flash synchronization
- 1/500 sec to 1 sec and Bulb.
- Hot accessory shoe with contacts for TTL auto flash control in conjunction with dedicated flash units and dedicated adapter SCA 356.
- X sync terminal for plug.
- Auto flash control: TTL flash metering via additional silicon photo diode.
- Film advance:
- By shutter-setting crank with automatic stop at frame 1 when loading.
- Double-exposure lock with override.
- Frame counter from 1 to 12, automatically resetting when film is changed.
- Sockets: Cable-release socket. 1/4" tripod socket.
- Dimensions: 5.8 x 4.3 x 4.65 inches.
- Weight: 45 oz.