Note: The TLR's are no longer in production and not available.
Cat. No. 17000
Rolleiflex 2.8 FX TLR Camera with 80mm f/2.8 S-Apogen Lens
This is the legendary twin-lens mirror reflex camera with 80mm f/2.8 Planar HFT coated lens, lens cap, carrying strap, and size III filter bayonet.
The camera is covered with brown cowhide leather with embossed crocodile pattern. The chromium-plated lateral edges of its back add to its elegant appearance, and the Rolleiflex logo at the front is exactly the same as that of Rolleiflex cameras of the 1930’s. The time-tried strap holders of earlier models have been used again.
Note: This camera is available with custom appearance options, including choice of leather color and metal trim plating (chrome, gold, or platinum). Price shown is for classic version as described above and shown in the first two pictures. Images of the camera in other configurations are shown as examples. If you wish to purchase a custom version please contact me and I'll assist you through the process. Custom cameras are built to order and take approximately 8 weeks for delivery. Custom orders with identity plates or custom serial numbers can not be returned or exchanged - only serviced.
- Planar standard-focal-length taking lens
- Permanently visible viewfinder image for optimum framing
- Full parallax correction
- Interchangeable viewfinder attachments
- Interchangeable Bright focusing screens
- Ultra-quiet between-the-lens shutter, fully synchronized for flash at all speeds
- Neither mirror bounce, nor mirror noise
- Light weight – extremely handy
- Camera Type: Twin-lens reflex camera with TTL metering and TTL auto flash control.
- Frame size: 6 x 6 cm.
- Film Type: Size 120 roll film for 12 exposures 6x6 cm. Film speed adjustable on camera from ISO 25/15° to ISO 6400/39°.
- 80mm S-Apogon Planar f/2.8 HFT Lens, Made by DHW-Fototechnik GmbH with five elements in four components.
- Angular Field 53º.
- Size III filter bayonet.
- Focusing from ∞ to 1.00 m.
- Shutter: Between the lens leaf shutter (1 to 1/500 s and B), X-synchronized. Aperture and shutter speed cross-coupled with exposure meter.
- Exposure metering:
- TTL - Center-weighted average metering by two silicon photo diodes.
- Five-LED display in viewfinder.
- Metering range: EV 3 – 18 / 3.2 – 100000 asb /1 – 33000 cd/m2 at ISO 100/21º
- Viewfinder system
- Heidosmat viewfinder lens - 80 mm f/2.8 with three elements.
- Folding finder hood included as standard.
- Rolleiflex High-D focusing screen standard.
- Parallax compensation for focus distance.
- Optional Interchangeable 45º or 90º prism finders.
- Optional Interchangeable viewing screens.
- Flash synchronization
- 1/500 sec to 1 sec and Bulb.
- Hot accessory shoe with contacts for TTL auto flash control in conjunction with dedicated flash units and dedicated adapter SCA 356.
- X sync terminal for plug.
- Auto flash control: TTL flash metering via additional silicon photo diode.
- Film advance:
- By shutter-setting crank with automatic stop at frame 1 when loading.
- Double-exposure lock with override.
- Frame counter from 1 to 12, automatically resetting when film is changed.
- Sockets: Cable-release socket. 1/4" tripod socket.
- Dimensions: 5.8 x 4.3 x 4.25 inches.
- Weight: 44 oz.
- User replaceable battery type PX28